Everything About Boiling Water Resistant (BWR) Plywood!
Before we begin, let us quickly tell you what general plywood and BWR plywood are. It is a flat sheet that is constructed with thinner sheets of wood veneers, strongly bonded together to give the buyer the impression of one thick ply board. The standard plywood is made of at least three plies where the alternate plies run at right angles and you can also customize a sheet of plywood to use in an extensive range of applications.
On the other hand, BWR plywood stands for ‘Boiling Water Resistant plywood. Here, the plywood is waterproof and is suitable for making home furniture. BWR-grade plywood can survive boiling water and is also highly weather-resistant.How BWR Plywood Is Made?
- The pinewood, hardwood, or Gurjan veneers of BWR grade plywood are glued together with fortified Phenol Formaldehyde synthetic resin as per the ISI standards.
- The bonding is done under controlled temperature and pressure to obtain an undeterred bonding.
- The synthetic plastic adhesive, Phenol-Formaldehyde, makes the BWR grade plywood extremely water-resistant.
- The resin is diluted during the manufacturing process using extenders and the same glue is used to glue the sheets together.
BWR grade plywood is the most preferred by interior designers, decorators, and others for installing it in areas that are exposed to moisture and adverse weather conditions.
- This plywood can be used in making kitchen cabinets and other kitchen furniture that is close to the sink and are sprayed with water, and experience a lot of high humidity and moisture.
- The same can be used in bathroom storage ideas, close to the washbasins or near the shower.
- Making furniture for the open areas like lawn, garden, rooftop restaurants, terrace, balcony, etc. can be done using BWR grade plywood.
Benefits Of Using BWR Plywood
- Eco-friendly: Phenol-Formaldehyde used in the BWR plywood is more eco-friendly than Melamine Urea Formaldehyde used in the MR-grade plywood.
- Cost-effective: BWR grade ply board (https://www.sylvanply.com/) comes off as very budget-friendly when you have a tight budget while building a home or office. It does not have a high price as compared to its counterpart, Marine grade plywood.
- Longevity: Owing to the making of the BWR plywood, it guarantees the highest internal density. This prevents the furniture from cracking, shrinking, breaking, chipping, and warping.
- Pest-resistant: The veneers of BWR plywood are sealed closely with zero core gaps. This prevents moisture, borers, or termites from entering and so, resists the plywood from rotting or warping.
These essential pieces of information about the BWR grade plywood will stop you from investing in the wrong and inferior plywood. Also, keep these points in mind while getting the best furniture for your home or office. Buy plywood from us at Sylvanply and invest your money in the right place. Refrain from falling for looks only which is an easy trap laid by most plywood manufacturers. Instead, contact us to get top-quality BWR plywood and other types of plywood.